My WII U seems to have turned into a brick.

papab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried to do ISFShax before but failed. My vWii system kept crashing, so I used vWii Decaffeinator to reset it. I changed the boot option to menu to run system settings and system apps, but it just showed a blank screen. Annoyed, I checked the storage SLC on my Wii U, but I accidentally moved the mouse cursor and modified the file. Hastily, I launched the virtual console, but it gave me the 199-9999 error. Panicked, I turned off the Wii U. The next day, I found that the Wii U was not broadcasting any screen, and the Wii U gamepad was also not recognized.

I tried using UDPIH, but I still got nothing but a black screen. Is there any way to recover from this brick?

Additionally, the nand was not restored.

Here is the current list of files on your Wii U.

sad.png
storage_slc
sys
config
import
logs
proc
acp
nsec
prefs
usb
security
rights
sys
ticket
apps
sys
tmp
title
tmp

papab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Wii U thought it was reading the disc once or twice, and as soon as it stopped, I inserted the SD card and plugged in the Raspberry Pi to check, but the power button was blue instead of purple and the screen didn't display.:(
Post automatically merged:

It seems that all I have left is the OTP file from the Wii U. Could you please advise me on what I can do with the OTP file?:(:(

Attachments

• wwwww.png
    wwwww.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by papab,

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can leave the SD in and try connecting the pico earlier and look for the LED.

You can use the otp für defuse

papab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I appreciate your efforts, but it seems my Wii U remains unresponsive despite trying all the methods you suggested. Thank you for your continued assistance and support throughout this troubleshooting process. :D:D

papab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OTP eFuse readout I tried to do this, but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, so I'm attaching the SD card root.

Attachments

• AAAA.png
    AAAA.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 6

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I accidentally moved the mouse cursor and modified the file
Do you remember what exactly this action did? From a quick look it seems you moved /sys/rights into /sys/security/ (so you have it at /sys/security/rights now which is wrong).

Now the folder you moved contains the tickets and stuff, so moving that probably broke a lot of things.

As SDIO said you probably need to de_fuse now. Where exactly are you stuck at trying to do this?

//EDIT:
Here's a direct comparision with my SLC:
SLC.png

So beside the moved rights folder there's the /sys/proc/demol folder missing but that might just mean you never played any demo?

//EDIT²: The /sys/hax folder on my SLC is btw something from ISFSHax, so it's completely normal that you won't have that one. For me it really looks like the only issue is the moved rights folder.

Last edited by V10lator,

papab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry, I guess I tried to do that without reading defuse's description properly, I'll see if I have a serial console at home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hay